- Lucy came to see me for a few hours in a surprise visit!
- I discovered one of my supervisors was on Facebook, thus greatly boosting his or her collection of cool points
- Dick Cheney confused Peru with Venezuela in a speech. Clearly, it would be utterly immature for me to wish ill of Mr Cheney, so how shall I phrase this… I would be able to contain my grief if he suddenly fell off a cliff in either Peru or Venezuela
- I’ve been working on an essay about New Labour – how very modern!
- I upgraded Nucleus – and so should you! – if only to finally see ‘Red Dalek’ in the version history
- Most of the historians managed to get together for lunch, courtesy of Maryam’s admirable organisation – thanks!
Doctor Who themes. Expressed preference: 1963. Revealed preference: 1987.